This policy is created for BCB Berhad (“the Company”) and its subsidiaries (“the Group”). This policy complements the Company’s existing Corporate Social Responsibility policy. Sustainability covers ethical business practices, a care for social and environmental issues as well as good corporate governance practices.
The principle objective of this policy is to:
- Integrate the principles of sustainability into the Group’s strategies, plans, decision making, policies and procedures;
- Promote sustainable practices; and
- Create a culture of sustainability within the Group and community
Focuses on developing programs and creating an environment to facilitate progress, monitor well being and advancement within the community.
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and healthy workforce;
- Train and retain high potential and performing employees;
- Promote and reward a positive work culture;
- Promote racial harmony and prevent racial and gender discrimination;
The Group is committed to protecting the environment around it. Measures taken are as follows:
- The Group practices re-cycling in its hotel as well as various property development sites;
- The Group will incorporate rain harvesting features in all its new bungalows at Home Tree in Kota Kemuning, Selangor and will soon extend it to its other projects;
- The Group ensures that the level of pollutants released into the environment is kept to a minimum in all its development sites;
- The Group complies with all environmental regulations.
The credibility and integrity of the Group and board members hinges upon the proper execution of this practise. Hence the Group:
- Ensures it forms part of strategic planning;
- Enhances it through regular updates and trainings;
Reports and Disclosures
The Company sets both short term and long term targets for its sustainability efforts. It also ensures that they are integrated into its strategies and business plans.
About Us Vision And Mission
This policy shall be reviewed annually by the Board and as and when the need arises.